Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Firefly Bar in Blackburne

Last night I was sitting alone in Jhai's airship sipping a cup of tea when Corwyn IMed and asked me if I wanted to check out the bar he'd be frequenting lately. The bar is called Firefly and is part of a role-playing sim based on the Firefly TV series / Serenity movie by Joss Whedon.

Now Whedon's Firefly is one of my all time favorites, sort of like comfort TV for me. When I am down, I snuggle into a fuzzy blanket on the couch and watch all the episodes while eating Jarlsberg cheese dip on rice crackers and sipping green tea. So how could I not go?

The place was not crowded at first, and we were treated to a dance on stage by one of the lovely ladies there. Corwyn flirted with Pariah, one of the dancers, and I checked out the guys, a fairly rugged bunch. The bartender, a very witty Neko Genetic Construct named LilyBell, gave me an excellent sake, and later, after my friend Brise joined Corwyn and I, she treated our table to a nice sparkly champagne. I even got a bit tipsy. By the end of the evening there was a full dance floor, lots of people having fun and making friends. Just the kind of place you want to be on a Saturday night.

As it turns out the bar is only a small part of this sim moon which has some interesting things to explore. Post-apocalytic buildings, caves, and even shopping! I wandered a bit after Corwyn logged off and apparently stumbled into a forbidden area because i got shot at by a flying robot drone that then chased me away. A new experience, being chased by non-humans and for reasons other than sex! I may have to go again tonight just to see what the action is on a Sunday.

Visit the Firefly Bar in Blackburne at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Blackburne/215/123/38

No comments:

Post a Comment