Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Dancing with Jamesen in Crescent Moon

Second Life is a like a dance. A complexity of steps in which we give just enough, take just enough. maybe even love just enough.

Always moving in and out of the patterns. Watching our footwork, trying not to be too distracted by the touch of another's virtual hand, of another's real soul.

Last night I went dancing with Jamesen in SL. I have known him for over 2 years, and yet I barely know him at all. SL is like that sometimes. People come into your life, share as much or as little as they can, as they want. They move out of your life, come back again. And all you can hope for is second chances. Sometimes a friend like this who asks nothing more than to be a friend is a gift beyond measure.

Thank you, Jamesen, for taking me dancing and helping me destress at the end of a long strange week. To paraphrase Rick in Casablanca: "I think this is the continuation of a beautiful friendship."

No comments:

Post a Comment