Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Frailty, thy name is woman . . .

Yesterday Draven had an hellacious day, and missed our date. This falls under the category of "Shit Happens." But I, with my frailties running full tilt in insecure mode, took all the stresses of the week and blew them out of proportion. I thought all kinds of self-pitying things when he was the one who was really having the bad day. Now I just feel foolish.

What is it about love that makes people behave badly, overreact, panic, flip out . . . all the cliches apply here. I have never been a woman to sit by a phone in Real Life (tm) hoping someone would call. But here I am sitting around Second Life just waiting for him. Hoping. What is it about this one man that can push all my buttons--good and bad--so hard?

And while I am fretting he is stressing in other ways, too. He reminds me that he is only human, can do only so much. He tells me I have an idealized image of him. Do I? I don't know. I do think he is my perfect other half in so many ways--a soul mate. Why? "I have no other but a woman's reason: I think him so, because I think him so."

Patience, I tell myself. This is just the path we have to walk. It is what it is. "Journeys end in lovers meeting, Every wise man's son doth know." I just need to have patience, and faith in Draven. And I need the gorram universe to cut us some slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment