Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The good, the bad, and the beautiful

Odd day yesterday. Some very good things--I was given an amazing gift by a special lover. Some bad things--my desktop computer crashed and burned and is gone, which lead to an argument with another lover.

Bad: I lost track of what day was what, thus confusing my commitments. (I am told that is part of the "SL effect"--the phenomenon whereby things in SL seem more real than things in RL and--if you are not careful--your fantasy can take over your reality.)

Good: I got more (or better) sleep last night than I have had in a week.

Bad: So many men, So little time. Good: Amazing men! One who makes me feel beloved. One who makes me laugh, a lot, to whom I can talk about anything, even RL. One who looks out for me.

Bad: I need to go computer shopping. Good: I'd been planning on buying a new computer anyway, and have the cash. Bad: I have 2 weeks worth of not-backed up files on the hard drive I can't access. Good: I have a access to a great IT department. Bad: I don't have time for this. Good: I can buy more RAM and a better graphics card and a faster processor. Bad: if I buy off the shelf, I am stuck with Windows Vista and SL doesn't run in Vista (neither does my RL wireless access). And if I order, there is the wait. Good: ???

Ever have one of those days when your brain keeps going around in circles?

The Beautiful. . . On the other hand, it is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, remarkable thunderstorms last night cleared the air and watered my gardens. I have many beautiful friends, lovers--physically handsome people, with beautiful hearts, and incredible minds (yes, you ... you know who you are!). Life is good.

So my dears, remember the adage of Auntie Mame: "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Come dance with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment